It’s been such a bad week with my horse Flash that I didn’t think we would ever finish the entry way. I wanted to finish all the staining last week but didn’t. Today, since I was looking for a way to keep my mind off everything that’s been going on, I was happy to do the staining and, thankfully, it took all day! There was a lot of wood.
When I first got to the shop where I was working on it, I finished up the boards that were already stained. They just needed polyurethane put on them. I wasn’t sure if I should do one coat or two. I ended up doing two coats and I’m glad I did! They look beautiful!
After I finished that part, I stained the rest of the boards. They all had to be sanded first and then wiped down before I could put the stain on. Since it was cheaper wood than what I used for the coat rack, there were a lot of pits and they soaked up the stain way too fast. I wasn’t in a hurry though so I just kept working at it and got them all covered.
It’s definitely not a perfect job but it will be in a corner that’s rather dark so I don’t think you will see the imperfections. I had the boards for the coat rack part sitting there all week and they looked good.
I left all of the boards at the shop tonight to dry so they’ll be ready to be put together first thing in the morning. I can’t wait!!!