There’s a plan for the decluttering challenge that goes like this – day 1, get rid of 1 thing, day 2, 2 things, and so on for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, you’ll have gotten rid of 231 things. As you might know, I need to make more progress than that at this point in my decluttering so I’m just getting rid of as much as I can. I’ve never counted the number of items that I’m getting rid of before so this will be lots of fun!!
I’m skipping ahead to day 3 which would be a total of 6 things by now. I’ve already surpassed that in 10 minutes.
Here’s the first decluttering batch:
- 4 shirts, 1 really cute dress and 1 Falcons sweatshirt
- Toy milk truck
- Christmas cassette tape
- Kids safey scissors
- A Playstation 2 Neopets game
- Lilo & Stitch dvd
- First pillow that my daughter quilted (ouch, hard to give it up but she said to let it go so I am)
That’s 13 so far! But that’s not enough…
On to the next batch:
- 4 Santa Hats
- Hair brush
- 1 nice pair of socks
- 2 grubby socks
- Rainbow horse tail bag
- 1 CD with 1 million recipes on it
- Merry Christmas sign
- Santa Beard
- 8 bows and ribbons that we put in our pony’s mane at Christmas
- Crumpled roll of wrapping paper
- 1 shirt in the picture
- 22 shirts that aren’t in the picture
That makes 46 for this batch and I’m done for today.
Here’s the stats so far:
Day 3: 59 things!!
Taking the time to stop, count, and take pics is slowing things down a bit but that’s okay. Once the challenge is done, I’ll go back to just getting rid of things as fast as possible.
I had brought three buckets down from the storage room today and have already gotten rid of a little more than one. I’m thinking that the next two are going to be a little harder but I’m hoping that I can get all three buckets down to one by tomorrow night.