Yes, it’s February and my tree is still up. The last two years there was so much clutter that I took the tree down as soon as possible after Christmas. There wasn’t room for it. This year, the tree was in a new spot for the first time since I bought the house 18 years ago. I love the new spot! It looks great in the less crowded room and the lights brighten everything up. The ornaments are adorable. I’ve really enjoyed having it up.
This year, I actually went through the things in my Christmas buckets and actually got rid of a few things. I don’t have a lot so even though it wasn’t many things, it was still a good portion of what I have. A few years ago, I had a lot of Christmas stuff. It was hard hauling the buckets up and down the stairs because they were so heavy. Then, with all the clutter around, it was hard to find places to put things so I would have to pack away other stuff. So, I just got rid of a lot of it and kept my favorite things.
Here’s the things I’m getting rid of this year:
- Salt and pepper shakers on a sleigh
- Halloween decoration that ended up in the bucket
- Goose candle
- Cookie cutter ornament
- Gift card holder (I could keep this and use it but it smells really funny inside)
- Broken ornament
- Dancing Santa with a broken arm. The kids loved this but it’s time for him to go.
- Tree skirt. It’s just really dirty but I don’t think it’s washable.
- 3-D glasses
- And last but not least, a broken ceramic Santa. This one I’m still debating about. It’s broken I know. But my mom painted it when she was younger and I’ve always loved this since I was a little kid. One of my kids broke it a few years ago. I might have all the pieces so I could glue it back together. I might have to leave him in the bucket for another year.