I know that I shouldn’t have done it but I did.. I gave the girls lids without containers. I think it’s so frustrating when you need a container and none of the lids match. I told them I was putting a few in there though so they wouldn’t get too mad. I also snuck in a few jars of peanut butter. Silly little thing with that too. The daughter who is moving is the one who is notorious for leaving messes around the house. She bought one of these jars of peanut butter. When the container was almost empty, she left it sitting on the counter. Someone put it in the cabinet. Really, it was almost empty. So I put it in the box with that other one.
More vintage Tupperware that needs to find a new home! A few months ago, someone dropped off boxes of their old, unused Tupperware that they no longer wanted. I got rid of the things that were kind of sticky and I kept a few of the nicer things that I thought I might use. Well, it’s been on my front porch now for all those months and I haven’t used any of it.
If it’s not used within a certain amount of time, you should get rid of it. I think that’s the conventional wisdom. It might be a year but at this point in my decluttering, a few months is enough. The next biggest thing is where to get rid of it. It’s too cold to set up a free table. There’s lots of “free” Facebook groups that I could put them on and also lots of for sale groups. I could try eBay too. A couple of apps have popped up too like LetGo and OfferUp. Has anyone tried either one of those apps?
The Easiest Solution For Getting Rid of Tupperware
I could just take it to the local donation place and be done with it. It’ll be gone and I’ll never have to pick it up again.
I’m on Day 4 of the 21 Day Decluttering Challenge posted by Anne @MinimalistSometimes. I skipped to day 3 and finished that easily but now day 4 was a little more challenging. Not because of a lack of stuff to declutter but quite the opposite. There’s so much to get rid of. It’s hard to list it all out.
Not only is it hard to count and list so many things but I’m having a harder time letting things go today. I don’t know if it’s the things that I’m going through, if they’re just more conducive to keeping or if it’s my state of mind today. I’m not sure which it is but I have still managed to find things to let go. It’s taking forever though. I feel like I’ve wasted my whole night already. It’s a challenge for sure.
Here’s the list. I will put the pics at the end this time.
- Barbie doll with a chewed off arm
- Brat doll
- 2 votive candle holders
- Harley Davidson suede wallet
- 2 rulers
- Doll hat
- Stuffed owl
- An 800 piece puzzle
- Woody costume
- Some random cord with the end cut off
- An old container of Aquaphor
- Dyno Pep – no idea what this is or where it came from
- 2 Santa hats
- A pair of earrings
- 3 ribbons
- Santa beard
- Vintage dresser drawer handle
- Bridal Shower stamper – I could’ve used this earlier in the year but of course couldn’t find it!
- Plastic bottle sleeve
- 2 random gloves
- Broken off end of a quilting ruler
- Shrek 2 dvd
- Scooby Doo dvd
- Barbie Fashion Designer dvd
- 4 random unmarked cd’s
- 4 random toy parts
- Orange M&M mug
35 so far! I need to keep going….
- Keyboard for an iPad Air
- Weight Watchers Light & Easy cookbook
- Plastic horse
- Otterbox case for a Blackberry
- Little Valentine gift bag
- Coupon holder
- Star Wars Battlefront game
- Body Wash
- Playskool Alarm Clock
- Black hat
- Broken really cute mouse
- 12 brand new packs of clamps
- A Stairway Basket – this one was really a challenge because I always wanted one of these. You set it on the stairs and put upstairs stuff in it. Well, I filled it up right away with the kids stuff and then guess what.. it sat there, full, for months. No one took it upstairs. So it’s time for it to go.
26 more things for a total of 61 things for today! That sounds like a lot but honestly, it didn’t even make the tiniest dent today. I started with 3 full buckets today and I ended with 3 full buckets. Not sure how that happened but I wish at least one of them would have looked a little less full.
Here’s the count so far:
- Day 3: 59
- Day 4: 61
The grand total is 120 things.